[TenTec] Computer EMI - Brand?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Computer EMI - Brand?
From: justo@maplenet.net (j)
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 09:39:48 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Perry Creighton" <pcreighton@home.com>

> Hi John,
>
> When my Pegasus first arrived it was placed next to a Viewsonic 19in.
> monitor. Totally wiped out the 80M Band.
>
> Tried it with a Sony Lap-Top with no problems evident no matter how they
> were set up.
>
> I concluded the interference was from the monitor and after testing found
> that a seven foot separation between the monitor and Pegasus was required
> stop interference, OR, not use the big monitor and just use the Lap-Top.
>
> 73, de Perry - va7pc

in light of perry's advice, if you do use an external monitor (as opposed to
a laptop's screen) you might want to consider one of the newer flat panel
monitors (they look like an oversized laptop screen on a monitor stand).
these, by their construction, are supposed to cause much less (supposedly
*no*) interference.

if you go the traditional crt route, i know that eizo (formerly nanao) used
to advertise being able to set 2 of their monitors w/i 6 or 7" of each other
w/no interference to the monitors.  plus, look for a monitor w/the most
restrictive standards for emissions (tco '99 was the last one i heard of.
there might be another one by now).

73's,