[TenTec] Ten Tec & RF sensitivity

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec & RF sensitivity
From: malonej@c2i2.com (Jack, W7EJJ)
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 14:04:13 -0700
Latest Update:

    Removed amp from circuit, have just Jupiter going into a MFJ-986 direct
to end fed longwire. With 38 Watts out, 0 watts reflected and a SWR of 1:1,
the Jupiter has RF getting into it and is useless.

    No RFI in anything else in shack with 38 watts or 500 watts. Just made
test today. Tried ferrite clamp on's to no avail. You just can not feed a
long wire direct out of tuner with the Jupiter, but can with ICOM & JRC.

    Bill:
    If I had of tested it on the long wire when I got it, it sure would have
gone back. That was 3 months ago.
-
Jack, W7EJJ