[TenTec] Argosy I vs Century 22 stats?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Argosy I vs Century 22 stats?
From: winjones@ix.netcom.com (Winston F. Jones)
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 18:45:19 -0400
I think the Century 22 came after the analog Argosy I. Later ads show the
Argosy II digital along with the Century 22. It's obvious that Ten-Tec used
the same case for both rigs, just a difference in control labeling. As I
recall, the Century 22 was a double direct conversion unit and didn't have
WARC bands.

(As an interesting sidelight: Some old Amp Supply QST ads in the mid 80s
show a transceiver that is exactly like the Argosy, same case, specs, etc.
They apparently bought Argosies from Ten-Tec and relabeled them with the Amp
Supply name. Anybody know the story on this?

73, Winston K4CWQ