[TenTec] ME AGAIN

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ME AGAIN
From: WA2PVK@prodigy.net (WILLIAM F MANSEY)
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 00:06:08 -0400
Hello all,
    I'm back!  Actually I have not gone anywhere - I just have not posted
anything to the reflector recently.  I have enjoyed reading all (most
anyway) of the communications here.
    My reasons for posting are varied.  First I want to say that I also had
(HAD) problems with RF getting into the Jupiter and causing it to change
frequency when operating on certain bands.  In my case this problem was
caused by the remote encoder and/or it's cable.  A snap-on ferrite thingie
combined with winding some of the cable into some semblance of a coil
eliminated this problem.  I love the Jupiter and have no regrets over
deciding to purchase it.  There MAY be drawbacks BUT I think that the
advantages far outnumber and outweigh them by a huge margin.  Great Radio!
Great Job Ten-Tec!
    This brings me to another reason for posting - - - I have changed my
mind AGAIN and am offering my Omni VI (option 1) for sale.  This radio is in
fine shape and works very well.  The radio comes with the model 705 desk
microphone and the original, complete, owner's manual.  As I previously
mentioned - the only "illegal" modification is that I swapped tuning knobs
between the Omni VI and the Jupiter.  (Sorry! - I just like matching knobs
on the Jupiter and remote control unit)  I am asking $1,200.00 including
shipping CONUS.  I have not used this radio since shortly after I got my
Jupiter.  The Omni VI was on frequency and working perfectly well at that
time.  Please respond directly if interested in this radio.
    And for yet another reason (as if I need one!) - I have some non Ten-Tec
equipment for sale also.  I hope no one minds my mentioning those items
since I did, however, mention the Omni VI first!  I will make concessions by
not providing a lot of details.  I will just list the items and invite
direct inquiries.  I will then provide all the details.  The items are (in
no particular order) Kenwood TS-570D,  Yaesu VR-5000 receiver w/DSP-1 module
installed,  Icom PCR-100 computer controlled receiver, Alinco DJ-C5T and las
t but not least an Icom IC-2350 VHF/UHF transceiver!   WHEW!  that was a
mouthful even without all the juicy details!  One detail that I will sneak
in - all this equipment is in in excellent condition - - - I am just wanting
to downsize my shack.  Radios IS FUN but I think that I have gone a bit far.
Thanks everyone and GOOD DXing!  BILL