[TenTec] Intermittent One-Band Chirp: OMNI 6+

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Intermittent One-Band Chirp: OMNI 6+
From: K5XS@aol.com (K5XS@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 10:59:49 EDT
Seems we've been down this road before on the reflector.  Here I go again...

6+, healthy in every respect except...On 17 meters, after it warms up a bit,
all received signals exhibit a distinct chirp.  It sounds like the oscillator
is unlocking.  If I power down and wait a couple of minutes it goes away.

I called the mother ship and talked to Paul in Service.  (What a great guy...)
He suggested somehting in the 17m oscillator circuit may be sick (cold joint,
aging component, etc.) or that the oscillator may be on the edge of locking.
He suggested (as an alternative to the 3-week turn-around down time) "nudging"
the appropriate coil a bit.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

73,