[TenTec] CW--slightly off topic

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] CW--slightly off topic
From: w5yr@att.net (George, W5YR)
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 21:36:00 -0500
I find it equally important to be able to send a word without conscious
thought when I think of what I want to send. Guess that is the converse of
copying in your head.

I taught myself the code in 1945 by sending to myself with an audio
oscillator and hand key. Over the years I have found that the hardest thing
for me is to spell as fast as I can think of words!   <:}

For anyone seeking paperless copy, I suggest a lot of sending practice -
not from printed copy which shows you how to spell but from "out of your
head" where you have to make up the spelling as you go.

72/73, George W5YR - the Yellow Rose of Texas QRP-L 1373 NETXQRP 6
Fairview, TX 30 mi NE of Dallas in Collin county EM13qe
Amateur Radio W5YR, in the 55th year and it just keeps getting better!
Icom IC-756PRO #02121  Kachina #91900556  IC-765 #02437