[TenTec] Modifyiing the Centaur...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Modifyiing the Centaur...
From: James Parsons" <res075cz@gte.net (James Parsons)
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 17:59:09 -0500
Thank you, Jim. Noise is a very subjective thing. While it may not bother
you, it bothers  me to the point where I will not use the amplifier. Perhaps
because of my very restricted hearing (I am 74 and have great hearing loss
of the highs) I find the noise to be most bothersome in the frequencies I
hear best.

By the time I buy three 572B's and make some of the mods that have been
suggested, I would probably do better to sell this amp and buy a quieter
one.I thought of buying a 25 CFM fan and using it but I forgot that the
power supply is light and must also be cooled. The power supply is a long
way from the fan.

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. They are welcomed....

73 de Jim, K5ROV...