[TenTec] 580 Delta operation

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 580 Delta operation
From: ac5aa@juno.com (Duane A Calvin)
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 14:29:41 -0500
Thanks for the many replies on the Delta keying.  Several of you gave me
some good suggestions on what to check.  Seems like I'm the only one
seeing this problem - I need to check the rig and will do that.  It works
fine with a hand key.  And it looks like I'll have to modify the Heath
HD-1410 if I'm going to give it to my nephew!

Also, for the benefit of others, the answers to my other two questions
were that, yes, the Delta has an audio-derived AGC and the notch is an
audio notch.  Naturally, since it is within the AGC loop, it works in a
manner similar to an IF notch by killing the AGC action of the signal
notched out.

Thanks again - what a super group!

        73,  Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA