[TenTec] Modifyiing the Centaur...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Modifyiing the Centaur...
From: cherry@getnet.net (cherry@getnet.net)
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 13:38:54 -0700 (MST)
James, the noisey internal fan does not even cool that well.
The noise is no worse than the QRM and QRN. I just try to ignore
it. Also I use an external cheap floor type fan and it does a
great job of cooling me, the Centaur, and my computer monitor.
It does blow any loose papers away. I have used these fans for
years and they keep the Centaur cool. This fan does not need
to be mounted above the Centaur. My fan just blows over the top
of the Centaur. I have 572B tubes in my Centaur also. These tubes
do not get as hot. The 572B costs more than the 811A.
Jim FitzSimons W7ANF