[TenTec] Re: Jupiter Fuzzy CW Note

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Jupiter Fuzzy CW Note
From: khopper@uchicago.edu (Ken Hopper)
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 11:38:14 -0600
I remember that a ham in Canada concluded that if you put your Power Supply too
close to the rig you can modulate a 70Mhz chip(?) and that will indeed create a
fuzzy xmit note. I believe he said you could bang on the case and create a
microphonic as well (due to the same chip?) - but I have not verified either
problem.

If you have a fuzzy RX note, try increasing the RF gain. When I crank my RF gain
down (old CW op habit) I get very rough RX notes from the DSP demodulator.

I also find that the new Noise Blanker sometimes creates a rough note on RX if I
set it above 4 - and since there is no indication on the display, I often forget
that the NB is turned on in the menu.

I have compared RX with my K2 and there _IS_ a substantial improvement in the
quality (pleasantness) of the RX tone in my lil' analog rig :-)

my 2 cents worth,
dit dit
de ken n9vv
http://www.n9vv.com