[TenTec] 252MO PS Hum

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 252MO PS Hum
From: gbutzlaff@wi.rr.com (Glenn Butzlaff)
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 03:20:29 -0600
Just wondering if it is fairly typical for the 252MO power supply to have an
audible hum while idling. I just picked up a used one
and finally used it for a full day and noticed the hum when the house finally
went quiet and I plugged headphones in. The other part
is that when I advance the drive to where it just lights up the ALC (with ALC
at max) the hum in the muted audio is significant. I
don't know how accurate the ammeter is but in this condition it shows about 20
amps. I didn't get around to putting a meter on it to
check voltage yet. I would appreciate any info anyone may have after using one
of these past or present. TIA.

Glenn Butzlaff, WE9K