[TenTec] Jupiter Power/PSK31

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter Power/PSK31
From: WmLB@prefer.net (WmLB@prefer.net)
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2001 11:57:22 -0800
I have been monitoring the Jupiter power thread and can only
comment that I have NOT seen that at all.

What I do see when I use my Jupiter for PSK31 is a very non-linear
increase in power out as I increase mic gain. I normally keep my
RF power at a maximum and use only the mic gain to control output.

As I increase mic gain. the power out goes up in distinct steps 10
- 25 watts at a time. It is most noticeable on the lower
frequencies. On 40M as I increase mic gain, the power jumps from
an indicated 35 watts or so with no ALC indication, to almost 90
Watts with a blinking ALC lamp. There seems to be no "in between"

The steps I see on 15 and 20 are smaller but, none the less, far
from being a gradual increase.

It look likes the mic gain control is the one that controls in
incremental steps and not in a gradual linear way.

Am I alone with this issue or not...

Bill, W6WLB