[TenTec] Jupiter on AM

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter on AM
From: benk8dit@serv.net (Ben Kadish K8DIT)
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 16:06:01 -0800
Merry Christmas everyone,
I'm having a problem on 10m AM using the Joop's face as control.
I have update 1.09 b9 and what's happening is that when I push the tune
button to auto am tune, instead of settling in and stopping, the tune will
send the power up to about 50 watts and slide back to zero. It does this
repeatedly like its hunting for something. Ive let it go for as long as a
minute and then stopped it by repressing the tune button. It is supposed to
find a setting and stop. Mine does not. Ive tried rebooting the rig and then
going thru the modes. Once in a while ill get it to work as it should. Then
it works for only a few minutes and then begins to hunt again. When it does
this hunting, no audio is being heard nor is any modulation leaving the rig.
I ve seen no other comments on this, so if i learn anymore about this
Ill be sure and inform the group. Meanwhile anyone with a similar experience
please let me know if/how you fixed it. tia de ben k8dit