[TenTec] 238 Lube job

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 238 Lube job
From: wg6h@pacbell.net (Bill Miner)
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 08:32:22 -0800
Vince,

I use a SMALL amount of DeOxit D-5 contact cleaner which also contains
some lubricant on all moving contact points of the roller inductor.

While you have the 238 apart you may also want to replace the elastic
string that serves as the return spring for the dial pointer.  This is
available from Ten Tec and needs to be replaced every few years.

73,
Bill - K6WLM