[TenTec] Ten Tec's new DSP firmware/software web link

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec's new DSP firmware/software web link
From: n9dg@yahoo.com (Duane Grotophorst)
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 13:39:49 -0800 (PST)
While a simplified method of updating firmware is a
neat idea what I would really like to see is a series
of new user interface programs. Specifically one that
has enhanced spectrum sweep and waterfall type
capabilities. Of course this new user interface must
be written in a 32 bit language (a.k.a. no more
Windows 3.x support).

 Even better would be a new DLL or two that would make
the task of writing custom user interfaces a simpler
process. Just look at what AE4JY's PSK31 DLL has done
for that mode, in fact many of the different PSK31
programs that are out there all have the exact same
signal processing "heart", they just differ in their
screen look and presentation. In the case of the TT
radios all of the frequency, mode, filter etc. data
manipulation tasks can be put into this DLL, then
present those operations through a higher level
language API. With that technology languages like
Visual Basic (gasp) become potentially usable for the
user interface screen functions. With a new core DLL
or two to handle all of the low level dirty work I'm
sure folks like Carl, N4PY could work even greater
magic than what he already has with the 16 bit
libraries from TT.

N9DG