[TenTec] Administrivia: Messages not getting through

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Administrivia: Messages not getting through
From: jmlowman@directvinternet.com (Jim Lowman)
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 16:39:20 -0800
If your messages make it through to the list, you can delete this
message now.  If not, please read on:

I am receiving a flurry of bounced messages, as well as individual
requests for assistance, because listmembers are experiencing problems
with posting to this list.

Here are the problems and suggestions for solution, where known:

1)  Be certain that your mail software (Netscape, Outlook Express, etc.)
    is set to send messages in PLAIN TEXT ONLY, as opposed to HTML, MIME,
    rich or other stylized text.  Only plain text is allowed.  Anything
    else will cause your message to be bounced to me for review.

    AOL 6.0 and 7.0 users, take note:  you will need to contact AOL
    Technical Support to resolve this problem; I can't help you.  This
    problem is of their making and, appropriately, the solution is
    theirs.

2)  Do not send any sort of attachment to your message.  Ths includes
    those "VCards" that prople use as business cards.

3)  If you receive the message, "Message has a suspicious header,"
    see 1) above...the cause is use of other than plain text.  I'm
    trying to get the default message set to something more
    informative, as this message carries no useful information and
    is causing all sorts of confusion.  Short of pasting a more
    informative message myself each time, I need to wait until the
    Mailman administrator returns from Antarctica.

4)  Non-member submissions:  I will approve for posting any message
    submitted by a non-member of the list, as long as it has no
    commercial content, references or links to auctions, and does
    not violate 1) or 2) above.

If you have any good information on solving the AOL problem, please
send it to me and I will post it periodically.  Otherwise, please DO
NOT send messages to the list on this topic, or messages asking if the
list is down.

Thanks you for your cooperation.

73 de Jim - AD6CW