[TenTec] TT Listening ?/ Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TT Listening ?/ Orion
From: jimr.reid@verizon.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 09:18:45 -1000

>  If TenTec follows their practice of the engineering that
> went into the RX-340 the Orion will have no such problems.

Be really neat if they make the S-meter to be driven by
the microprocessor,  as in the 340.  Then it WILL be
accurate -  S9=50 uv,  and 6 dB per S unit "exactly",
at least down to about the S 1 -2 area as is the 340 meter;
see my posts to the reflector about this back on 12/30/01.

Also,  the 340 is "birdie" free!  Just not a problem.  After
very close testing,  I could find two of them,  both on 10 m:
one at 28139,  and its' amplitude is down to -138 dBm;
and found another one at 28631 area at -117 dBm.

73,  Jim  KH7M