[TenTec] Orion - The Kachina Design Theory

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion - The Kachina Design Theory
From: jimr.reid@verizon.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 11:46:04 -1000

> In many respects, the Kachina 505DSP was an excellent
> lab experiment for Doug Smith in the design and implementation
> of sophisticated transceivers.

I wonder if Doug Smith wrote the following very good explanation
of the Kachina DSP rcvr design theory?  Very well done,  and
I am getting close to "knowing" something about DSP rcvr's,  but still
quite a ways to go,  hi.  Have a look at:

http://www.kachina-az.com/theory1.htm

Guess I "know"  what a roofing filter does,  explained in the link,
but why is it called a "roofing" filter?

73,  Jim  KH7M