[TenTec] Orion Features

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion Features
From: w3uls@3n.net (John Rippey)
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 11:41:49 -0500
        1. It seems Scott Robbins has a new title (or new to me,
anyway)--Amateur
Radio Product Manager. This means he's principally responsible for the
volume of Ten-Tec's amateur radio sales. So if Scott wants Orion's knobs
dressed in gold, platinum, titanium, or whatever, that's his call alone
because it's his butt that's on the line.

        2. We are lucky that the Amateur Radio Product Manager at Ten-Tec also
is
a top-notch CW contester. This means that Orion has to be a top-notch CW
rig from the get-go.

        3. Obviously, Scott's competitiveness in contesting has carried over
into
his day job. With the Orion's debut, it's clear he's convinced Ten-Tec's
management he can meet the foreign amateur radio competition head-on--and
win. Whether or not the participants in this e-mail list buy an Orion is
immaterial. The final outcome will depend on how the average well-heeled
ham will respond to the opportunity to buy an Orion. We can only wish Scott
well.

73,
John, W3ULS