[TenTec] Auto tuner in Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Auto tuner in Orion
From: N4LQ@igLou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 01:49:03 -0000
I watched the O'Riley factor last night and it got me going. Never mind my
apparent sarcasm. It's not intended to be personal I just learned to
recognize rationalization when I see it. Certainly I agree....We don't need
internal tuners but what I'm trying to say is that:

1. Most rigs that cost over $1,000 have them
2. A lot of people like them.
3. You don't have to turn them on and use them.
4. The Orion is a $3300 rig. It should have one.

It's like power door locks and other features on your car. You don't really
need them but most nice cars have them. If Cadillac left them off their
$50,000 Seville and Chrysler put them on their $37,000 300M what would you
think? Would you make the same argument? Maybe so but what about sales?
Isn't TT trying to sell a radio here? Wouldn't a tuner help market it? I
think so, regardless whether it's needed or not.

Steve
N4LQ