[TenTec] Low Mic Gain in Corsair

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Low Mic Gain in Corsair
From: n1eu@yahoo.com (N1EU)
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 17:51:47 -0800 (PST)
Put my Corsair on the air for the first time in many
months (finally fixed the power supply) and discovered
that I must turn "Drive" to maximum AND use a little
processing to get any reasonable power out in ssb.
I'm even using external mic preamp cranked up.  Before
I crack the Corsair open and start tracing the mic
signal through the VOX-Processor board, I was
wondering if anyone might have any insight?  Worked
fine last time I used it.

BTW, full output on cw - definitely seems to be a prob
in the mic input circuitry (or operator error?).
Tried a number of mics without a preamp and barely
puts out a signal.

[note: throttling back the rf gain in the Corsair so
that the S meter barely registers really makes the AGC
much less objectionable!]

Tnx/73,
Barry  N1EU