[TenTec] Zero Beat

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Zero Beat
From: telegrapher@earthlink.net (telegrapher@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 21:54:25 -0800
Judging from the photos, it looks like the Orion will have the traditional
spot (matching sidetones) method of zero beating. Disappointing, as I was
hoping for some sort of visual zero beat indicator. Like an LED that lights
or even an auto CW tuner like the TS 570. The old spotting method can also
be included in the design in addition to one of these updated methods to
give the CW op a choice.

Using computer software works great for zero beating. But it would be nice
to have something visual in the radio itself. Although, I am not tone deaf
- some are. I just prefer the quicker visual spotting.

73,
Rob WA6CW . .