[TenTec] VISUAL/AUTO ZERO BEAT ORION WISH

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] VISUAL/AUTO ZERO BEAT ORION WISH
From: telegrapher@earthlink.net (telegrapher@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 22:19:07 -0800
An audio spectrum screen on the Orion would provide excellent visual zero
beat for CW tuning.  The LED method and auto CW tuning method does have an
error of about 50 Hz. It's close enough and is really not a problem for CW
anyway.

I think another issue here would be quickness. You don't want to spend all
that time trying to match the sidetones when a quick look and turn of the
tuning knob will give instant zero beat.

73,
Rob WA6CW . .