[TenTec] Re: Tuners

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Tuners
From: w5yr@att.net (George, W5YR)
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 20:08:10 -0600
Steve, I understood Carl to mean that the d-c input power is not directly
reduced, but that the r-f drive is reduced such that the final current
remains under 20 amps. That being the case, both the actual d-c input power
and the r-f output power would be reduced.

While I can see that this offers protection for the output devices, I
wonder what happens to the distortion and IMD specs when operated in this
manner with such an inappropriate load?
And is the operator made aware of the load mismatch so that he can take
steps to correct it?
Or, is operation in this mode considered normal and allowable indefinitely?

73/72/oo, George W5YR - the Yellow Rose of Texas
Fairview, TX 30 mi NE of Dallas in Collin county EM13qe
Amateur Radio W5YR, in the 56th year and it just keeps getting better!
QRP-L 1373 NETXQRP 6 SOC 262 COG 8 FPQRP 404 TEN-X 11771 I-LINK 11735
Icom IC-756PRO #02121  Kachina 505 DSP  #91900556  Icom IC-765 #02437

All outgoing email virus-checked by Norton Anti-Virus 2002