[TenTec] Orion trim etc.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion trim etc.
From: k5uj@hotmail.com (Rob Atkinson)
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 19:14:24 +0000
I'm enjoying all of the mail about the Orion but have not gotten through all
of it yet so forgive me if I'm repeating someone here:

Re the trim, not sure how the metal trim will be applied but I'm afraid over
time it will rub off in places and that ususally looks kind of lousy.
What's the front panel made of?  Not black plastic surely.

Screws:  My experience has been TT uses aluminum screws on some of their
sheet metal covers that are soft--the threads strip easily.  When one won't
come out you can back it out by wedging a flathead screwdriver between the
metal and the screw head and turn it with a phillips and back it out.
Customer service told me about that & sent me a bag of screws--what a great
company.

Auto tuner:  I'd be uncomfortable with having a tuner in there--I'd rather
tune manually (I must be a shack control freak) but then, I've never owned a
car with automatic transmission either.

73,

Rob
K5UJ