[TenTec] Re: Comments on the Orion (Yes, I know about the Pegasus and Ju

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Comments on the Orion (Yes, I know about the Pegasus and Jupiter)
From: wd3q@erols.com (Eric Rosenberg)
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 13:50:53 -0800
Lest you all think I'm blind to TT and their offerings, yes I
am very much aware of the Pegasus and Jupiter.

I have not used either radio. Based on user comments and reviews,
neither radio appears to be one I'd take with me on the road,
nor would I do any serious contesting with them.  This is not
to say the radios do not exist nor are they 'bad'.

Between these two and the Orion there is a BIG gap where a less
expensive, high-performance radio should be.  The Omni-6 Plus!
 That it may be a bit long in the tooth isn't necessarily a bad
thing.  Maybe TT has a scaled-down version of the Orion somewhere
on some drawing board for a future release.  Remember that the
Yaesu FT-990 (sort-of) filled that role when the FT-1000 was
released.  Now that would be a good rumor to start :-)

So calm down, people!

Eric W3DQ