[TenTec] Rcvr comparison: Corsair I and Corsair II?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Rcvr comparison: Corsair I and Corsair II?
From: k7gt@attbi.com (k7gt@attbi.com)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 18:07:00 +0000
I would like to know how the receivers in the Corsair I
and Corsair II differ, in particular, with respect to
sensitivity and crunchproof-ness. If some significant
differences exist, are there mods available to bring the
Corsair I up to the specs (assuming they are better) of
the II?

Context: I recently picked up a Corsair I and am thinking
of using it (in time...) as the main (run) station in
a SO2R contest setup. The OmniVI would be the S&P station
as bandswitching maps more easily onto TRLog with the VI.
Also (in time) I may have a 2nd amp (Herc II) to pair
with the VI.

Rigs:  OmniVI/option 3
       Corsair I with 263 VFO

Amp:    Titan (original)