[TenTec] Rcvr comparison: Corsair I and Corsair II?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Rcvr comparison: Corsair I and Corsair II?
From: n1eu@yahoo.com (N1EU)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 11:00:32 -0800 (PST)
I believe Clark is correct - the front ends are
probably nearly identical.  Crunchproof-ness and
sensitivity would never be an issue.  I'd be more
concerned with the AGC performance if this is a run
radio and you expect times when several stations may
be calling you.  Be sure to keep the rf gain turned
way down, and the AGC issues will be minimized.  Of
course, you can always go AGC-less if you're brave and
agile  ;-)

Allan, please post a follow-up message to the
reflector after the contest on how the Corsair works
out for you as the run radio.  I'd love to hear about
it.  It really is a fantastic rig.

GL/73,
Barry  N1EU