[TenTec] 6Plus audio

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 6Plus audio
From: w3uls@3n.net (John Rippey)
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 10:34:38 -0400
        In re frequency read-out, as part of a trip to the factory of my OMNI
VI
last year Ten-Tec, in response to my complaint about a 100 hz readout error
(on one band), added the later TCXO in place of the original reference
crystal that had been installed in my rig, set the reference frequency, and
did some other fixes (including realignment) that greatly improved the
accuracy of the readout. Not spot on, but certainly acceptable. In the old
days, weren't we supposed to keep the power supply on all the time to keep
the crystal warm?

73,
John, W3ULS