[TenTec] 1320 T-Kit

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 1320 T-Kit
From: Wj5mh@aol.com (Wj5mh@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 09:10:59 EDT
I have a 1320 with downward drift that seems to be initiated by transmitting.
 Is this common or a specific problem to my rig?  I've done some
troubleshooting, but nothing extensive.

Notes:  I've tracked the actual VFO frequency, so I know it's changing.  The
rig is stable during receive (as long as it hasn't transmitted for several
minutes).  A flashlight six inches from the VFO coil will cause symptoms
(quickly).  The coil has been secured to board, and the wire turns have been
secured to the core.  Heating the caps causes an upward freq change.

Should the VFO be this sensitive to small changes in temperature?  Is it
actually a VFO component heating, or could the case be flexing enough to
cause the VFO to change freq with heat?

Rig is great for contesting, but is frustrating during normal QSO's.

Thanks for any helpâ?¦

Joe ( WJ5MH )
Wj5mh@aol.com