[TenTec] Re: Clicking noise in Jupiter rx audio

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Clicking noise in Jupiter rx audio
From: n1eu@yahoo.com (N1EU)
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 10:48:56 -0700 (PDT)
N9VV write:
"Yes Dan, I can hear a very rapid and sustained change
in the ticking with I rotate any of the knobs on the
front of the rig or select the menu. Especially
bandwidth, multi, and RF/AF gain and keyer speed.
There is a higher pitched whine like an alternator in
an old car

"Oh well... just one of those things we learn to live
with."

Dan, I would certainly hope that this digi-demon can
be exorcised.

Seems like the Jupiter needs a little of the treatment
that Piotr Tomczak and Warren Walsh applied to the
digi-gremilins in the Omni VI+ way back when . . .

I personally have a hard time living with audible
digital artifacts - display noise, switching noise,
etc.  Brings to question circuit board routing/design,
shielding, etc.  Why should you have to learn to live
with this?

73,
Barry  N1EU