[TenTec] OMNI VI Ovens

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI Ovens
From: w3uls@3n.net (John Rippey)
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 21:51:22 -0400
        With regard to WA3JPG's comments regarding ovens in OMNI VI's: I
thought:
(1)  Ten-Tec began installing TCXO''s in later production runs of OMNI's,
(2) the TCXO's  were in lieu of earlier reference crystals and gave better
frequency stability, (3) it was the earlier reference crystals that needed
an oven so (4) the later OMNI's did not have ovens (no need to keep the
power supply on, etc.) It sounds as if all OMNI's may have ovens. I'm confused.

73,
John, W3ULS