[TenTec] Corsair II AGC

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair II AGC
From: mandolinist@interlync.com (Gary Smith)
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 18:08:35 -0500
On 26 Apr 2002 at 16:49, tentec@contesting.co wrote:

On 26 Apr 2002 at 10:11, N1EU wrote:

> K6WRF asks:
> "I have a Corsair II that I have had for many years
> and the only thing I would like to change is the slow
> AGC.Does anyone know if there is a mod to do it"
>
> IMHO, the hang AGC action is the one glaring weakness
> of the otherwise outstanding receiver in the Corsair
> I/II.  I've yet to find an easy mod that gave
> satsifactory results.
>
> What I currently do to aid my Corsair "listening
> enjoyment" is to either:
>
> 1. turn the af gain up and the rf gain way back to a
> minimum level so that the AGC action is much less
> obtrusive
>
> OR
>
> 2. Turn off the AGC completely in the Corsair and feed
> the Corsair audio output through a Timewave DSP599ZX
> box and use the Timewave's internal AGC feature

I do somewhat the same; I use either the old timewave
59+ or my Autek QF-1A with the AGC shut off.

I guarantee that old piece of antiquity; QF-1A is perfect
for 99.99% of what's out there with my Corsair.

Sometimes I get wild & use the 59+ & QF-1A in series..

Yeehaw

KA1J
 Gary

Gary Smith

http://musician.dyndns.org

"Man is a social creature who does not like his fellow
beings"
     - Mark Twain -