[TenTec] info on Delta (Delta "1" model 580?)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] info on Delta (Delta "1" model 580?)
From: N4NT@chartertn.net (Mike Hyder -N4NT-)
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 10:18:59 -0400
I always thought the Delta 580 was a pretty good rig.  I can tell you
that Al Kahn (of Ten-Tec fame) had his choice of rigs and ran the 580
mobile for a long time.  The only major shortcoming in my book is that
the frequency display counter pre-scales for each band crystal.  Since
the pre-scaling is not necessarily the same as the crystal's
frequency, the display is not accurate, being off maybe 2 kHz on a
band and off 2 kHz the opposite direction on another band.  For me,
that was really bothersome -- I can do better with an analog rig and a
calibrator.  Otherwise, the QSK is great and the rig always worked
smooth for me.

It's value on today's market if in excellent shape would be about $300
US, depending on what options are installed (noise blanker, CW filter,
etc.).

73, Mike N4NT