[TenTec] Orion Concern

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion Concern
From: ke5c@hot.rr.com (John, ke5c)
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 22:02:59 -0500
That color is more functional than monochrome in any display is obvious.  If
you argue with this, you are color blind.  As has been posted, take a look
at any glass cockpit.  We wouldn't rent the Piper Archer with the monochrome
GPS; we just wouldn't wouldn't fly that day if we couldn't rent one of the
Archers with the color GPS's.  (The monochrome GPS is no longer made, and
someone buried the Archer with it - probably not cause and effect, however.)
The Orion should have a color display, and the software engineers should
fill it up with useful information.

If TT designed the display for the color blind, they must have designed the
logo for the incredibly myopic.  With lettering that size, I just hope the
radio does something when I push on an individual letter.

And the S-meter...

Geeze, aesthetics create the image of value.  Functionality alone is not
going to separate the Orion from the pack.  None of my non-TT owning friends
to whom I have shown the pictures are impressed.  Being a habitually poor
evaluator of value myself, I'm sure I'll buy one if for no other reason than
to be stubborn.

73, John
http://www.kkn.net/~ke5c/