[TenTec] Inrad/TenTec Filters

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Inrad/TenTec Filters
From: ke5c@hot.rr.com (John, ke5c)
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 12:35:43 -0500
> I'm sitting here during the CQ WPX CW contest waiting for the
thunderstorms
> to pass through (and the computer will be shut down shortly). . . and
I've
> been having fun with the OMNI V and have been thinking about replacing
the
> 1.8 narrow filter in the 9mhz IF with a CW filter, probably the 500 (or
400
> inrad)  and wonder if anyone has any experience that one is better than
the
> other, and how INRAD stacks up in the 6.3 mhz filters compared to TT and
> wonder if it would be worth changing some of them out ?? ?   Big
difference?
> Or not?

I find the really narrow filters not to my liking, and during contests,
you will miss a number of folks calling you a few hundred HZ off
frequency, so I have a pair of the INRAD 400's in a VI+.  You'll still
miss those calling you 1 KHZ off frequency, but 400 (or 500) seems a
reasonable compromise.  When I just have to have a narrower passband, I
crank the PBT realizing I am giving up cascaded skirts, but I've not found
that a problem.

73, John
http://www.kkn.net/~ke5c/