[TenTec] Results: Pegasus & Tuner Query

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Results: Pegasus & Tuner Query
From: n9avg@att.net (Jeff Davis)
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 11:07:17 -0500
Folks.

I received responses from a number of people on my question of how
well they like the internal LDG tuner in the Pegasus.

The results weren't very favorable. Recurring issues included:

1. poorly constructed (5 users)

2. bad interactions with the internal Pegasus SWR metering (2 users)

3. the PT-11 doesn't perform as well as the AT-11MP (4 users)

4. unable to get a good match across large parts of the bands (3
users)

5. doesn't use latching relays--doesn't "remember" where it was on a
band/freq change (5 users)

Overall, 8 users said that they would NOT buy it again, 3 users said
that they would.

Not a scientific poll by any means since folks with gripes may be
inclined to respond more than a pleased customer, however, based on
the feedback that I received, I've decided not to order the internal
tuner for the Peg.

--
Jeff, N9AVG