[TenTec] any real live reports yet?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] any real live reports yet?
From: ve3ios@servers.ca (Jeff Peacock)
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 12:01:23 -0400
I used the Heil with my Omni V and Omni VI and it worked great. Lots of
punch it was a real performer. Not so with the Jupiter. After talking to the
guys at Ten tec they said they found the Heil just did not have that punch
and the mic gain had to be turned up on the board inside the Jupiter. After
doing this it did work better but not as good as with the Onmi. The final
straw for the Heil was it's lack of "ears" using there headphones. They just
don't have the quality to hear everything the Jupiter is putting out so I
upgraded to a higher quality headset.
I'm not knocking Heil they have a good product, but with the Jupiter for my
use which is strictly DX they just don't have what it takes to drive it.
Jeff
ve3ios