[TenTec] FS: Omni VI Upgrade III- An Exceptional Specimen

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] FS: Omni VI Upgrade III- An Exceptional Specimen
From: dhhdeh@concentric.net (David Hammond)
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 18:20:03 -0400
Hi Everyone,

I may come to regret this, but I have decided to offer my trusty Omni VI
Upgrade Version III for sale.In all regards this is an exceptional unit.
The following summarizes some of  its features and after-market
enhancements.

--This radio was purchased new in November 1996 from Tom Salvetti. It
was factory upgraded to Version III in July 1997.  Under covers when not in
use. My shack is a non-smoking environment. It is cosmetically and
electrically a "9.9".  No marks, blemishes or scratches anywhere. I am very
particular about cosmetics. A "Non-Contest" radio.

--TCXO was added to vastly improve frequency accuracy and stability. No
drift or frequency variation now exists from standard references to the main
frequency readout.  It's on the button.

--Replaced stock BFO circuit crystals with custom-made crystals from ICM in
Oklahoma to further enhance frequency stability of the BFO oscillator.
.
--INRAD Audio Mod was added in to improve SSB fidelity. This is now a
factory recommended mod.

--Grounding on some boards was improved at the direction of the factory to
reduce 10 meter birdies along with ferrite cores being added to control
lines on the logic board. I also disconnected connector 52 on the logic
board to virtually eliminate the notorious CW sidetone click.

--Multi-turn PCB pots were installed to replace the original carrier
suppression pots resulting in much easier and more effective carrier
suppression on SSB.
.
--BPF filter board was modified at the factory in to improve intermod
rejection from broadcast stations. A big improvement has been noted.

--Full factory alignment was performed in April 2002 at Ten Tec by Don
Prouty, "the Omni V/VI expert". Paperwork provided.

--Stock Ten Tec SSB filters were replaced in the past with INRAD 2.8 kHz SSB
filters in both the 9 and 6 MHz IF positions for vastly improved SSB
fidelity and symmetry between USB and LSB.

--The following optional INRAD Filters are installed:
                --2.1 kHz SSB in the "1.8"  slot
                --400 Hz CW in the "500"  slot
                --250 Hz CW in the "250"  slot
                --2.4 kHz 10 pole SSB in "Nar 1" slot
                --2.1 kHz SSB in "Nar 2" slot

I will sell this unit for $1695 shipped CONUS with the (2) 2.8 kHz INRAD SSB
filters installed. For any of the other optional filters please add $85 per
filter OR for all 5 add $380 for a total of $2075.

I will not entertain sale of any filters before the radio is sold.  Please
no trade offers. Manual included.

This is an exceptional opportunity to own a loaded, pristine Omni VI ver.III
for less than Ten Tec sells them as used. See it in my photo on QRZ.COM.

Why am I selling?  With four rigs ("too many" per Xyl) and  my desire to
move in a different direction on HF, I am selling to the Omni VI to raise
funds for new pursuits.

Please e-mail me with your interest or questions.

73 de N1LQ-Dave