[TenTec] eham centurion 0 review

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] eham centurion 0 review
From: n9dg@yahoo.com (Duane Grotophorst)
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 18:36:26 -0700 (PDT)
Hmmm, out of curiosity I went and found the so called
"review" in question on eHam under the Forums section.
Low and behold it is the same individual who couldn't
just write a reasoned review of the Jupiter, instead
he has only ever offered endless rants. He even saw
fit to bash the Jupiter one more time while he was
"reviewing" the Centurion, and here I thought it was
supposed to be a Centurion review. Oh and by the way
it seems as though this particular individual simply
can't write a review of anything without taking yet
another shot at the Jupiter along the way, go figure.
Check his reviews of some Icom gear to see what I
mean.

I do use eHam reviews as part of my decision making
process when buying radios. I do however summarily
ignore all reviews (of any brand) that are like what
this particular individual makes, those reviews are
pretty much worthless. I sincerely hope that others
who look at the eHam reviews are equally critical of
the reviewers.

On the other hand however I'm a bit troubled by the
prospect of eHam "editing" reviews. Let the review
writers expose themselves for what they are. Perhaps
eHam should make available all ratings given by all of
the "reviewers" associated with particular products.
That would make it easier for readers of these reviews
to spot individuals who consistently bash one company
or another repeatedly out some kind of spite. Then the
review readers can frame the reviewers comments in a
larger context and perhaps salvage some kind of usable
information from them.

Also just for the record I do not own a Jupiter or
Centurion.

Duane
N9DG