[TenTec] eham centurion 0 review

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] eham centurion 0 review
From: k5uj@hotmail.com (Rob Atkinson, K5UJ)
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 22:48:39 +0000
These analogies are flawed. Here's what I was attempting to communicate:
Firstly, I believe most equipment with hv inside and large transformers do
some humming.  When there is a load and high current flow the hum increases
a bit but perhaps I'm mistaken about that. However, in my case it seemed to
me that this was part of the natural operation of the equipment (Centurion)
and was to be expected.  Therefore, small consumer electric appliances are
in a different class and should not be compared to something with 700 or 800
ma and 2.8 kv inside.  Of course, comparing an amp to an automobile is
ridiculous.
I guess that when I'm in my ham mode & working in the shack or outside on
antennas I stop behaving like a modern day consumer and remove or tighten
screws etc. and get on with my life.  I at least try to fix what I have
before calling for help and I wouldn't sound off on eham about what I
consider to be a trivial problem.  Also, shipping a linear back is a hassle
and it ain't cheap.  Something I'd rather avoid.

Rob Atkinson
K5UJ

[TenTec] eham centurion 0 review
Steve M wmoorejr@cox.net
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 13:15:48 -0500

If your television or vcr had screws backing out, nuts and washers rolling
around loose, and buzzed whenever you used it would you think "cool it's
working"?  How about these same things on your car--"cool I have something
to take it back to the dealer for"?

The guy sounded reasonable to me. I don't blame him for sending it back.

Steve
wd0ct