[TenTec] Jupiter firmware updates

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter firmware updates
From: crobson@robsonco.com (Chris Robson)
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 08:24:54 -0400
Good Morning Peg,

Since I think in basic terms, maybe I can try to explain the process.
First thing:  Go to http://www.tentec.com/rfsquared/  and down load the
latest Jupiter software update. This takes a very short time. I have a
special directory(folder) for my Ten Tec Updates.
Second: Once downloaded, a double click on the file you downloaded
automatically starts the program, creates a directory(TTFLASH), and places
the appropriate files for upgrading in the directory. I believe it creates
the UPDATE icon(a little wrench) on the desk top.
Third: Make sure you have a serial cable on hand, since this is the link
between the Jupiter and your computer. If you don't, they have them at any
computer store or Radio Shack.
Fourth: Connect the serial cable to the Jupiter and the serial port on your
computer. You will need to know what Com port your computer is using. This
will be needed the first time you use the software.
Fifth: Start the UPDATE software, go setup to set your com port. Then,
click on Process, Update Radio.  At this point you have to select the
update version. The Jup updates start with 538v(version number).RUF. For
Rev. 1.19 the file would be 538v1190.RUF.  Make sure the Jupiter is ON.
Sixth: Click OK, and your off!  The upgrade will take about a half a
minute. After the upgrade is complete, it is best to reset the Jupiter.
This is completed by turning the radio off, pushing and holding any button
on the radio face while you turn the radio ON.
Seventh: Your Ready to Work the World.
If I am wrong, I am sure I will get beaten with jumper cords of 9913 by the
TenTec Police.
Best 73,
               Chris KB3A