[TenTec] Microphone on Pegasus

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Microphone on Pegasus
From: rich@1967z28.com (Rich McCabe)
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 00:14:21 -0500
I am curious to see what some of you Pegasus owners use and have tried  for
Microphones.

When I bought my Pegasus, I did not order the desk mike because I just hate
the feel of it. I like my tuning knob and Microphone to be high quality and
have a nice feel. Ten Tec does great on the tuning knob, but I don't have
much good to say about the "feel" of the 705.

After  buying the Peg I stepped up to the pump and bought a Heil Classic
which I ordered with the "broadcast" element and HC-4 "rag chewing" element.

Although it is hard to find someone that is going to tell you it sounds bad,
I have not received any glowing audio reports and at best have been told it
sounds "OK".

So I am on a quest to find another microphone to try. I would appreciate
hearing what has worked and not worked for others. Also, the transmit filter
settings people use.

I guess another question to ask in general is how the Peg compares to a
normal rig with transmit audio.

Thanks and 73,

Rich
kd0zv