[TenTec] Microphone on Pegasus

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Microphone on Pegasus
From: Carl Moreschi" <n4py@earthlink.net (Carl Moreschi)
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 12:10:29 -0000
Rich,

I use the Heil Goldline with the hc4 and hc5 mic elements with my pegasus.
I have been told many times that with the wide element, my audio sounds
really great.
Even the 14.178 net has said the audio is very clean.
I use the narrow element for DX.  The pegasus has excellent transmit audio.
You should use 2400 or 2550 for transmit bandwidth unless you are doing
something really special (like the 14.178 net) and the extra bandwidth is OK
where you are transmitting.

I also use the tentec model 234 speech processor set at very low gain to act
as a mic amp with my heil mic.  The heil mic does not have quite enough
output
for the stock pegasus.  I also found I had to use a radio shack 1 to 1
isolation
transformer between the output of the 234 speech processor and the mic
input of the pegasus.  Addition of the isolation transformer removed a small
hum on my transmit audio.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, North Carolina
n4py@earthlink.net