[TenTec] New 60 mtr band

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] New 60 mtr band
From: KD7EFQ@aol.com (KD7EFQ@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 19:47:42 EDT
As many of you are aware, the rumor is we are supposed to be getting a new
band, 60 mtrs ( 5.25-5.4mhz). We also know that the latest and greatest new
rig, the ORION is becoming available. However, unlike many of you who have a
6 figure income or better, (and can afford a new kilobuck rig every time they
come
out with one) Many of us ( like myself ) cannot afford to, and are going to
have
to stick with our now outdated (hi hi) OMNI 6 & 6+ rigs. Now's the kicker, I
asked
Ten Tec if they were going to offer a 60mtr upgrade for the 6+ and the reply
was
"we have no plans to."  A black eye to Ten Tec's Reputation of product
support??
Maybe if there's enough interest shown by us OMNI users, maybe they will re-
consider. I also spoke to the people at INRAD, and they at least said they
would
look into it, although it won't be an easy mod. Just some food for thought.
73"s
Todd  KD7EFQ

multipart/alternative
  text/html