[TenTec] Fast Service

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Fast Service
From: jimr.reid@verizon.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 09:25:55 -1000
Hi,

About 10 days ago,  I reported an odd problem with my
Pegasus:  it would neither hear nor xmit above 30 meters.
TT techs guessed a VCO had gone out,  and that I should
return it.

Sent it to them on July 8th,  via Fed Ex,  from out here on Kauai.
They had it on Thursday.  It was returned to me yesterday,
Thursday,  one week later back here in the islands!  That
is fast turn around for a repair.

Guess the warranty was violated by the addition of some wires
to bring the Peg audio out to an external speaker; and the
addition of a wire to the  "spare" plug on the back of the Peg
to bring a rcv antenna connection out for my RX-340.  I had
to pay for the work,  even though the rig came with  a year
parts/labor warranty from my purchase last December (mine
was bought from the TT demo list,  the units of which are
warranted).

Actually believe the Peg is now in better shape than before,  hi.

The repair report indicates they "modified the PLL circuit",
interesting,  hi.  The Pegasus and RX-340 are happily working
together again via the N4PY software for the total system!

73,  Jim  KH7M