[TenTec] astron blows regulators

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] astron blows regulators
From: n8coo@juno.com (Charles Mark Cring)
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 02:15:33 +0100
Clark, I have not had that problem with my RS-35M, but first, I would try
contacting Astron's service/engineering dept. and see what they suggest.
At least they are made in the US where you have a chance to talk with
someone there who possibly knows what typically goes wrong when a
particular problem occurs.   If that doesn't get you anywhere, and if you
don't already have the schematic, they should be able to provide you one
- if they can't, I could mail you a copy of mine.  ( My wiring diagram is
dated January 2000)  It has a chart of the voltages around the 723 both
under no and full load, and other voltages -  I would check those out and
see how they compare. Also check Q2 and the components around it,  esp.
all the caps like C8,9,10,11 they look like bypass type  caps and
probably would be easy/cheap to replace if needed.   Good luck with it!

73 de Mark N8COO