[TenTec] Argosy II and PSK

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Argosy II and PSK
From: WA3FIY@radioadv.com (WA3FIY)
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 11:36:59 -0400
Perhaps the transmit and receive frequencies on your Argosy are
different.  The Tx/RX frequencies must be within a few hertz of
each other for best performance on PSK, otherwise, if you make
a contact at all and if the operator on the other end does not
recognize what is happening, you will move up or down the band
on each exchange.  You would not likely notice a small offset on
CW or even SSB in most cases.

The RIT control must be centered and the transmitter
frequency offset must be zero at that setting.  The manual
describes the procedure to zero the transmitter.  It's a simple
process involving just one trim pot adjustment.

You also might want to watch your heat sink temperature.  If it
gets too hot to touch........it's too hot!  Back the power down or
put a small amount of air flow on it.

Good luck.

-Lee-