[TenTec] Omni V.9 conversion advise sought: SFBay area

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni V.9 conversion advise sought: SFBay area
From: k7gt@attbi.com (k7gt@attbi.com)
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 15:41:51 +0000
I have just acquired a TT Omni V for use as a backup
rig and 2nd radio for SO2R contesting. I would like to
find someone in the SF Bay area of CA who has done the
V.9 mod so I can be aware of the extent and difficulty
of the changes. I really only want the RS232 I/O changes
and the rest are essentially extra baggage for my
purposes--the main rig being an OmniVI/opt3--but I know
it to be an all or nothing proposition. Is there
anyone out there withing reasonable (1.5 hours max)
driving distance from Pleasanton who could give me a
show and tell plus serious implementation
advice/experience?

73  Allan  K7GT

Pleasanton CA