[TenTec] A hypothetic question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] A hypothetic question
From: kc4atu@yahoo.com (Bill ROWLETT)
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 17:51:33 -0700 (PDT)
I must agree. The S meter has failed the test. The RST
system was based on your ears and not a meter. The
problem with the meter is there is no standard for
them. Two rigs from the same manufacture will give
different readings on the same signal. Location and
antennas being the same.

The 59 came from the ARRL printing it in the exchange
exanple in contest rules. The standing joke in my club
is that if they (the ARRL) gave am example exchange of
say 55, that is all you would hear. 55.

It goes back to us, we are not teaching opperating
skills.

73 and have fun, and remember, all signal reports are
55

Bill   kc4atu